Friday, August 29, 2008

FEAR

Fear gives way to relief. Not before taking me through the ringer. Over and over fear has a self perpetuating nature. More fear more fear more fear. Fear says don't get any bright ideas about getting out of here. More terrible thoughts for me to contemplate. I don't want to contemplate those things. Too bad, have another and another dose until I am willing to forfeit and buckle in defeat or at least get back to the very rudimentary tasks of life. The very act of wanting away from fear perpetuates it. The less I want the more I get. Ouch. Built into the fear is a mechanism to keep it around, otherwise it would be rendered useless and no longer serve me. Sometimes I invite the fear to do the dishes eat a meal or brush my teeth with me. It seems to help. Fear demands that I stick to the familiar. Radical gratitude for the fear helps me understand in an instant. Before I had a conscious mind any bright ideas or more acurately radical impulses and departures from the norm would have certainly increased the risk of death. Fear acts as the emotional police. It is a direct reaction to any move out of the box that has brought me thus far. Fear has been my ally for eons. Fear is very basic to what has brought me thus far. I thank the fear and let it go with deep gratitude for it's function in service of me for millions of years.

No comments: